If you use WhatsApp and want to save media files shared in WhatsApp status, then learn how.
The photo and video sharing feature was introduced in 2017 in the Facebook-owned instant messaging platform WhatsApp, similar to Snapchat stories. It was named as WhatsApp status. It works like Snapchat stories, where the shared photos and videos are automatically deleted after 24 hours.Sometimes we want to save the content shared by our friends or relatives, but there is no way other than screenshot. Because no option to save is provided by WhatsApp. But there are two ways by which you can save shared media files.
The first of two ways to save a media file is through a file manager app and the second is through a third party app. But generally people do not consider third party apps to be reliable. Because there are many holes related to privacy in this. Well, here we are telling you about the method of file manager app, through which you can easily save media files.
The photos and videos of the status are saved in the smartphone for a while by WhatsApp and these files are deleted after 24 hours. Only you have to transfer these files to another file before it is deleted from the phone. Many smartphone brands like Samsung, LG, OnePlus, Oppo, Vivo include file manager app in their operating system.At the same time, stock Android users can download it from Google Play Store.
1. First open WhatsApp and view the status.
2. After viewing, a temporary copy of this file will be created in local storage.
3. Now find the file manager app in the phone and open it.
4. Now go to the settings of the app and select the ‘Show Hidden Files‘ option.
5. Now from here go to WhatsApp> Media> .Statuses.
6. Now paste all the files you want to save from here into another folder.